Saturday, July 12, 2008

NEW CRITTERS






My friend, Rosie, found an ad in the local newspaper for a "free" pot bellied pig. The ad also stated that they had a miniature horse for sale. Sight unseen, because I was in Arizona, I said, "I love to have them." I am afraid of "big" horses, but thought the mini would be a nice addition. This is a photo of the new piggy girl, "Angelina" with our own fella, Angus. The mini horse is nearly the same size as my sons black lab, Shadow. My daughter and her family were fostering Shadow in Arizona, but there was some fighting with their black lab........and Shadow had a fast trip from AZ. to Illinois! We love her, and she is a sweet girl. Fred, "loves" her too, so we need to keep them apart for a while......
The morning feedings for the animals who live in the quonset hut involve two bunches of ripe bananas, sweet oats, oats, hay, day old bread, and sometimes carrots.

No comments: